Do you wish to enhance your endurance or just want to be trained for a running marathon? A treadmill can be your ultimate workout equipment to help you in acing your fitness goals. If your purpose is walking then you may not need to work extra miles for that, but if you are a serious runner, you have to work your fingers to the bone to find a treadmill that fulfills all your requirements ideally.
Although it is a fact that when we are given a choice, we always end up preferring outside running. However, if daily running mileage is ruined by any sudden unacceptable weather conditions, there is no better option than purchasing a running treadmill to avoid getting off the track!
In that case, it is good to buy a durable treadmill that must be wholly and solely designed for serious runners only, backed up with avant-garde features and high-quality training tools so your workout won’t get affected badly.
Hence, if you are on a mission to find running treadmills in the market, we can help you with that as we have listed down several treadmills for running purposes keeping every individual’s training regime in mind. Honestly, It was challenging to choose the best treadmill for serious runners among others! Therefore, after detailed research, we have selected some exceptional models and reviewed them.
Also, read the best treadmills.
Best Treadmills For Serious Runners
Key points to look out for in a Running Treadmill
Check out these key points and keep them in mind while looking for a running treadmill. . It will be helpful in saving you from wasting cash on the wrong machine and choosing the adequate one wisely.
- Belt size: For running, the belt size must be 48” long and 18” wide at least. And if you are 6-ft. or taller than that, the ideal belt size would be 54” of a running treadmill.
- Useful Features: If you are a regular runner, consider buying the treadmill backed up with 10 mph or more, cushioning, a shock-absorption system, a stable running belt, a solid motor, and impressive horsepower.
- Incline & speed: Always look for treadmills with 12 mph or higher speed if you are buying solely them for running. Moreover, give attention to the incline, which must be quick and smooth and raised to 15% to give a good feel during your running workout.
- Reliability: Make sure that the treadmill you are choosing must be reliable and safe. It shouldn’t be shaking or making clattering sounds. Its frame must be stable so that the runner isn’t hurt and run smoothly.
- Weight capacity: The treadmill must be sturdy enough to bare the weight of both lighter and heavier people. It is better to buy a treadmill according to your weight.
- Space & size: Do you have enough room to store a treadmill? Should you consider buying a foldable treadmill? Most treadmills can capture a lot of space, it is good to purchase folding ones, but it doesn’t mean that they do not take up ample space. Hence, while buying a running treadmill consider the size of a treadmill with keeping the space of your home, your size, and the usage of a machine in mind.
- Warranty & set-up: It is recommended to buy a treadmill with a lifetime warranty on its frame and at least 10 years minimum warranty on its motor, as these are the main aspects of a treadmill that must come up with an excellent warranty otherwise it is useless.
- Budget: After determining all the above requirements ask yourself what amount of money you would like to spend on buying a running treadmill, as the rest of the key points wholly and solely depend upon the price of the treadmill you are opting for.
Best Treadmills For Serious Runners (Reviews)
1. NordicTrack Commercial Treadmill 2950
When it comes to choosing the best treadmill for runners, NordicTrack 2950 always tops the list! The credit goes to its powerful motor, substantial deck size, impressive cushioning, and impeccable training app. This stunning treadmill is perfect for runners, trail runners, or even sprinters no matter what is their fitness level, they can have a fantastic running experience by adjusting the incline and decline automatically.
With a 60” x 22” dunning deck, a 4.25HP motor, and a spectacular 22” touchscreen NordicTrack 2950 you can ace your workout, and trust us you will enjoy running. Moreover, if you don’t have much space at your home, then this treadmill is an apt choice as it can be folded conveniently when you get done with your running regime.
Thanks to its strong and large cushioning as it makes every runner’s workout experience a comfortable one, as well as the deck, will help you in having an appropriate running stride. As a runner, if your focus is on speed and distance then you will like its 4.25HP motor that cools down and handle extensive sprint and running sessions.
- High-powered motor
- The cushion deck is huge
- User-friendly, expansive, and colorful touchscreen
- Broad hand and side rails
- Variety of training programs
- Supports 15% incline and -3% decline
- Accessible controls
- Consumes a lot of space when open
2. Sole F80
What a crackerjack Sole F80 is! One of the top-notch foldable treadmills supporting 375 pounds and having an impressive lifetime warranty on the frame and a 22-inches belt. You won’t be disappointed by investing in Sole F80 as its important specifications rightly fulfill all the requirements like a lifetime warranty on the motor, deck, and frame, a commendable 60” x 22” belt, and astonishing tech features that do not need any kind of subscription. All of that makes this treadmill highly recommendable.
Let us put light on some overwhelming facts also, you can grab the newly updated version of Sole F80, which is now commodious and has become more spectacular than ever before with advanced specs and features. Some of its amazing features are a nice built-in tablet/phone holder, an impressive 9” display, entertainment apps, and data synchronization to best fitness apps along with a 22” x 60” running surface (apt for tall runners), a durable and commercial 3.5HP motor, and a solid incline of 15%. All of this makes this treadmill suitable for your pocket.
- Supports 375lb user weight capacity
- Long-term warranty
- Despite having a steel frame, it is weightless than other treadmills
- The impeccable speed with a maximum of 12mph
- Good incline range from 0% to 15%
- Foldable and transportable
- Include chest strap
- Simple and clear LCD screen
- Tablet/phone holder
- Elevated buttons can get greasy
- The Hood is a bit huge that covers the deck’s front
- Cushioning is a bit more rigid than other treadmills
3. Lifespan TR5500i
If you want to ace your workout at home, then Lifespan TR500i is the perfect home gym treadmill for you. Do you want to know why? Its hoity-toity features include a noiseless yet high-powered 4.0HP motor, an untarnished 22” x 60” walking surface, 13.5mph of maximum speed, 13% incline and -2% declines, and a lot more. This flawless machine supports both running and walking and is ideal for homes that have insufficient space and makes it super easy for users to use the treadmill and fold it after finishing up their workout.
Lifespan TR500i is ten to one the sportiest machine you may have ever seen! With boasting cracking functionality and stellar quality, the TR500i can make you run at the maximum speed of 13.5mph making it the supersonic treadmill among all the treadmills mentioned in our list.
Despite having a very basic console and lacking a touchscreen comprised of video content, its color display is fantastic and offers an array of amazing training programs and three, unlike dashboard features. Additionally, you don’t need to subscribe for any of those training programs as they come preloaded that are related to sports, weight management, healthy living, etc. You can also check calories burned, distance covered, total steps, pace, heart rate, and time easily on its clear display. And in the end, fold it and keep it aside!
- 22” x 60” wide area
- Solid 4.0HP motor
- Beefy rollers
- High 13.5 mph speed
- More than 50 essential workout programs
- 10” high-definition touchscreen
- Flawless screen mirroring
- Include heart rate monitor and pulse rate sensor
- A speedy cooling fan
- Supports user weight capacity up to 350lb
- Superb warranty
- Lacks chest strap
- Its console display gets hidden behind the media holder
4. Horizon 7.4 AT
Are you an intense runner? Horizon 7.5 AT listed among the best treadmills for serious runners is the perfect machine that you shouldn’t keep waiting for in the market. With astounding prices and features, this treadmill is quite popular among all the fitness lovers out there, which not only supports running but also helps people with their jogging and walking regime.
Moreover, its three main features are just simply outstanding which include a spectacular 3-zone cushioning system, an impressive 3.5HP motor, and a roomy 22” wide and 60” long running deck. Horizon 7.5 AT is best for HIIT training and comes preloaded with Sprint 8 programs. So if you are searching for a treadmill that supports quality HIIT training, then you are at the right place to kick off your workout journey.
Well, what else could be better than being able to use any famous running app on a comfortably cushioned and designed treadmill at a reasonable price?
- Provide various training options via synchronizing with third-party apps.
- Sprint HIIT programs are preloaded
- User-friendly and responsive QuickDial controls
- Responsive 3.5HP motor
- Customizable speed keys
- Less noisy
- Lacks video touchscreen
- A bit messed up console having a cluster of buttons and two distinctive displays
Also read: best treadmills under 500 dollars.
5. Landice L7
All the serious runners out there, who are willing to spend oodles of money on expensive treadmills, must look out for the awesome Landice L7 treadmill. However, most people who have a limited budget may find it pricey but once they check this treadmill out they will realize the reason behind it being so costly. This is the best-selling home treadmill that is backed up with a lifetime warranty on each of its parts and supports a 400lb user weight capacity, so if you are under this weight limit thumbs up you are good to go.
The only drawback of Landice L7 is not foldable. Yet still with some commendable features like 0.5 to 12mph speed range, a 1000lb elevation motor, 15% grade electric elevation, 4.0HP motor, 14lb steel rollers, a solid aluminum frame, 20” x 58” running surface, and 9-inches LCD screen with several training programs, this treadmill stick to its spot among the top machines.
Hence, if you are a staunch runner, this treadmill definitely can be a game changer for you!
- A1 warranty
- Amazingly manufacture
- Impressive 4.0HP motor
- Supports user weight capacity up to 400lb
- Boasts VFX shock absorption system
- Very costly
- Not foldable
- The running area is a bit smaller
Also read: best treadmills under 1500 dollars.
6. TrueForm Runner
TrueForm is the best treadmill for runners especially those willing to do intense training. This manual treadmill is slightly curved as compared to other curvy treadmills, which makes it easy for users to run smoothly and comfortably that in return enhances their running form. TrueForm is loaded with numerous sensational customization choices making it the best manual home gym and commercial treadmill.
The treadmill is doubtlessly best for athletes it looks like it is designed especially for them. Athletes can easily burn up to a good amount of calories, as the tread belt is highly dependent on the runner’s speed for impulsion. Although the TrueForm lacks an advanced console, it has a nice metric display that is fitted to the front of the treadmill, which offers rapid feedback.
Overall, this top-notch TrueForm Runner treadmill promise to enhance running form and is considered an outstanding piece of equipment for HIIT training. Make sure not to perform more than two workout sessions, otherwise, you will get overtired!
- Support user weight capacity up to 400lb
- Slatted surface
- The frame has a lifetime warranty
- User-friendly display
- Improves running form
- Best for athletes
- Enhance training
- No speed limitation
- Responsive for runner’s pace
- Long-term durability
- Quite heavy (not recommended to those living on upper floors)
- The console has finite practicality
- Good for HIIT training only, not apt for all kinds of runners
Also read: best treadmill under 2000 dollars.
7. ProForm Pro 9000
If you are in the market looking for a high-powered running treadmill that is not only good for running but also suitable for hiking, walking and jogging, we suggest you look for ProForm Pro 9000. Loaded with iFit, the treadmill will help you in accessing a great deal of top-rated workouts and support you to discover different places from all around the world with its magnificent 22-inches touch screen.
You can surely enjoy flexibility during your training session, and the credit goes to its exemplary incline and decline of 12% and -3% respectively. It can be conveniently folded and saves space at your home once you are done with your workout. If you are around 300lb, then you can purchase this treadmill having an acceptable deck size without any tension and make your running game strong.
- Vibrant 22” touchscreen
- Backed up with the iFit app
- The touchscreen can be viewed from every nook of the room
- Good deck size
- Support user weight capacity up to 300lb
- Offers both incline and decline options
- Best for hill training
- Weight capacity is not suitable for larger people
- Its movable console shakes while running, causing distraction
- Cushioning is not good as the one in NordicTrack treadmills
- The power of the motor is a little bit lower, serious runners may require more power
8. NordicTrack x22i
NordicTrack treadmills never disappoint and always stay one step ahead of its competitors. Just like other treadmills under the same brand, x22i left no stone in impressing fitness freaks. With its pretty 22” touchscreen, accessible console, sturdy deck, and cushioning apt for hiking, walking, running, and jogging, this treadmill is an ideal choice for those who have sufficient space since this model of NordicTrack lacks a folding option.
Most importantly, its flawless 40% of incline enables you to not walk only but also lets you enjoy hiking which helps in burning calories rapidly. If you have a joint issue, then you will surely love its cushioning system since it is pro at absorbing an ample sum of impact when you run or walk.
Overall, NordicTrack is the best noiseless treadmill we have come across so far. With its 4.0HP motor providing a good amount of power, this treadmill will help you in saving both space and money.
- Perfect for trail running
- High-quality cushioned deck
- A good option for those having joint issues or suffering from a stress fracture
- Include iFit app
- Clear 22” touchscreen display
- Impeccable cooling fans
- Automated and adjustable integration
- Include Google Map
- Not foldable
- The deck can get jolty at high speed
- WiFi is required to access training programs
9. Sole F85
Sole F85 is one of the smashing machines and the best treadmill for runners that’s why we are thrilled to review it. This updated model comes with the same old sturdy motor and deck, but now the console is backed up with a great 10” colorful screen that supports seven exciting apps including Netflix. So, users can enjoy watching an array of intriguing content while running.
Loaded with a 60” x 22” wide running belt, a high-powered 4.0HP motor (perfect for intense running and HIIT training), and this badass treadmill can support up to 400lb making it an ideal choice for larger or heavier users. For the same, it has been granted the best treadmill for heavy runners awards.
Do you want a durable and strongly built treadmill? Without wasting a minute go and grab the Sole F85! No matter if you need it for burning calories or running a marathon, this treadmill will help you in acing both.
- Powerful and noiseless 4.0HP motor
- Supports 400lb user weight capacity
- High-tech console with added programs and touchscreen
- Perfect for runners
- Authentic cushioning
- Basic console
- Cushioning isn’t smooth as compared to other treadmills
- Large hood making it cover the deck’s front
- The raised button can probably get dirty
10. Sole TT8
We are happy to add the Sole TT8 treadmill among the best treadmills for serious runners, all thanks to its solid non-folding frame. With exceptional features like a full 60” x 22” broad running belt (offering ample space for running), a high-powered 4.0HP motor (supporting high-intensity training and extensive running), Sole TT8 is an astounding training machine specially designed with keeping serious runners and weighty users in mind.
Moreover, this durable treadmill promise to provide its users with a high-quality workout and has a lifetime warranty on the motor, deck, and frame making it one of the most demanded running treadmills on the market. However, it requires plenty of space since it is not foldable, which means it is suitable for people who have a separate workout area or a home gym.
Other perks you can get by purchasing this treadmill are Bluetooth audio speakers, a tablet/phone holder, and a USB charging port.
- Well-founded non-folding frame
- Supports user weight capacity up to 400lbs
- Have solid side rails, uprights, and steel beams
- High-tech heart rate monitor
- Chest strap included
- Downhill training backed up with -6% decline
- 15% incline for adequate hill work and calorie burn
- Best for all sorts of training such as running, jogging, walking, and even high-intensity intervals
- Very huge footprint
- Need to pay extra for the chest strap
The Bottom Line
Every treadmill we have mentioned and discussed here has all the great performance specifications that you would be looking for in the best treadmill for serious runners. Whether it is foldability, a powerful motor, a sturdy running surface, or oodles of incline options, all these quality treadmills are bang for your buck.
However, every treadmill is different from the other one, some have all the features you wanted, and some lack one or two. However, the most important aspect that you should need to consider while buying a treadmill is to look for one that has adequate incline and speed settings compatible with your fitness goals and levels. Additionally, also determine how the belt or deck is, mainly if you take long steps just for the sake of your comfortable running.
Therefore, before, you spent a great amount of money on any treadmill either from or outside the list, please make sure to check the equipment from every prospect and take advice from any fitness or treadmill expert as well. You would agree with us that a treadmill could be of great help in boosting your workout regime more than any other equipment, so it is good to take all the information shared by us into consideration when you step out in the market and choose the running treadmill smartly.
Also, read best treadmills under 1000 dollars.
Leave a Comment