Yes, you can get your work done at a treadmill desk, in theory using a treadmill desk is a good idea and has been implied at most workplaces nowadays. The majority of people have realized that sitting all day in the same posture can badly affect their body, so instead of doing that all day, walking on a treadmill at a slow pace and burning some calories while working in the office can be great for your health.
Let’s learn about some important points regarding how it works and what are its benefits and drawbacks.
Before moving on to learn about the pros and cons, here are a few suggestions that can be useful if you are planning to walk while working.
- Make sure your office room is big enough to fit the treadmill.
- Before purchasing a treadmill, consider thinking about the daily tasks you have to do. Because it depends on the job, whether you can handle work while walking or not.
- Look for a sturdy treadmill so that you don’t get to fall while working.
- During the purchase of a treadmill, don’t forget to compare the costs.
- Be careful in choosing your dressing style that also fulfills the office’s dress code policy and is suitable to wear while getting on a treadmill.
- Most importantly, think about your commitment level, which means if you can dedicate your time and concentration to both work and exercise at a time or not.
- Improve your balancing ability, because if you are vulnerable to tripping or falling, a treadmill desk might not be a great idea for you.
What to expect?
Treadmill desks are quite different from the treadmills you see at the gyms, as treadmills desks are not used for running purposes and the majority of them have a 4 mph maximum speed. You will be surprised to know that some treadmill desks are designed in a versatile way and can enable you to change your posture in three different ways such as sitting, standing, or walking.
To clear your doubts, here we have listed the pros and cons of using a treadmill desk that will help you in deciding whether to go for a treadmill desk or not.
- Treadmill desks enable office-going people to exercise more regularly and stay fit.
- It enhances your presence of mind and focus.
- Not all, but tasks like making important phone calls, typing, and reading can be done easily while using a treadmill desk.
- Treadmill desks are a great thing to remove anxiety and stress.
- Treadmill desks require a lot of space, which means if your office room is small, then it is useless to think about keeping it.
- Don’t get worked up! Working while walking is not an easy task.
- It can cause a distraction for other people in the office.
- Exercising at the workplace can be a worrisome task when it comes to choosing what to wear on a daily basis.
Treadmills Guide: Best Treadmills For Seniors, Best Treadmills For serious runners
The Bottom Line
To stay healthy, doctors usually recommend people walk 10,000 steps daily. Still, sometimes it becomes impossible to set such a routine between the hustle of office work and housework and to achieve the ultimate goal of fitness. Even for those people who find time to hit the gym, working for a straight 8 hours while sitting at a desk can be bad for their health.
Treadmill desks truly help in promoting better health in the workplace. It allows you to walk while working and enables you to take some time out and look after your health without getting worried about giving up your time with family or other commitments, so that’s how you can balance between work, exercise, and other stuff. However, apart from exercise, walking at a treadmill desk won’t apply to every task, especially those having strict deadlines.
Leave a Comment