Losing weight is not a cakewalk for everyone, but can be great for health if done rightly and with pure dedication. Aside from being a handy cardio machine, it can be of great help for those trying hard to burn some extra calories and lose weight.
Following a healthy diet and doing strength training as well as dedicating 30 minutes a day for walking on a treadmill can help you achieve both fat-loss and weight-loss targets in one go!
Figuring out how a treadmill can help you in losing weight? Well, there are several ways through which you can lose weight but before that, you must learn about the benefits of using treadmills and some hacks as well, especially if you are a beginner.
8 Benefits Of Treadmill That You Never Knew
Is Treadmill Running Easier Than Outdoor Running
Benefits of a Treadmill
Apart from helping you lose weight, there are other advantages of the treadmill, such as:
- It can be used throughout the year.
- You don’t have to miss your favorite game or TV show, you can continue watching that while running on a treadmill.
- It helps in reducing the risk of heart and other predictable diseases.
- The treadmill comes with handrails, which means you can still run while recovering from any injury.
- Improves your sleep cycle.
- Best for improving brain function and boosting mood.
Best Treadmills Under 500
Best Treadmills Under 1500
Tips for Treadmill Weight Loss
- Firstly, take it as a challenge to lose weight and break those shackles refraining you to do so!
- Plan a proper workout schedule on a weekly basis according to your lifestyle.
- Start considering the treadmill an essential part of your daily routine, and leave only one day for resting.
In case you are having difficulty giving sufficient time on the treadmill, don’t worry, there are a few other options to help you in achieving your goal of burning calories including high-intensity training, moderate intensity workout (long-duration), and robust intensity workout (long duration).
Moreover, if you can’t work out for 60 minutes straight, you can still go for the high-intensity workout, which takes only 15 to 20 minutes, or else add these minutes to your moderate-intensity workout by adding a further 15 minutes one or two times on or off the treadmill. However, keep in mind you have to do that for a whole day.
To make things evident to you, let’s move on to discussing some useful ways and tactics that are key to losing weight with the help of a treadmill.
Try these ways!
1. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Is your goal to lose weight in a fleeting amount of time? HIIT can be the best option for you as it is adequate for improving your overall cardiovascular strength. HIIT is a great way to kick off a weight loss journey for beginners, especially those who are overweight.
- Divide your workout session into rest and exercise periods.
- Make sure your resting period is equal to or just a little bit less than the exercise one. For instance, 10 seconds of rest followed by a 20 seconds workout.
- Don’t forget there are some setbacks lying in high intensity, therefore ensure hitting a running pace.
2. Low-Intensity Steady State (LISS)
For any reason, if you are not up to choosing HIIT, then go for LISS, which is a much easy-breezy option. Although it takes more time than HIIT, the results will be the same.
- Gradually change the hassle of slow run or brisk walking.
- Try to use a lower speed to keep it stable.
- To modify the strain, change the incline without the use of hill climbs.
3. Hill Intervals
Making hill intervals a part of your workout increases your potential of burning calories, as through this way you can go at hammer and tongs while running or walking.
- Firstly, to warm up kick off the workout with a slightly inclined position.
- You can determine your techniques or use the hill settings given on the treadmill.
- Make sure to adjust the inclines for maintaining a more strenuous workout.
4. Increasing Intervals
Consider doing interval training during the process of losing weight.
- Kick-off by choosing a resting walking speed.
- Divide your workout into small intervals, for which, you have to start using the walking pace for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Begin by keeping up with the walking speed along with increasing your running sections every time.
- It is up to you, to finish with a vigorous jog or sprint.
5. Time to burn some fats
Remember to stay in your fat-burning zone whilst using the treadmill. It is a great way to burn more amount of calories and lose weight.
- Start calculating the maximum heart rate (no. of heartbeats/min) on the treadmill, and the calorie-burn zone will be 70% of the heart rate.
- You can achieve this goal by steadily running over time or brisk walking.
- Keep the pace slow at the start and increase the intensity gradually.
- There are sensors given on all treadmills for monitoring your heart rate. Therefore, you don’t need any heart monitors like straps or watches for that.
Important Things to consider while looking for a treadmill for weight loss
First, when you go to purchase a treadmill for weight loss, you must decide where you’ll use the treadmill. If you are planning to use it at home, it should be compact so that it can be easily placed anywhere. If you are buying a treadmill for the gym, then go for something substantial.
Moreover, you should consider how much you can spend on buying a treadmill. If you have a limited budget, look for a cheaper one. Nevertheless, if you can afford it, purchase a treadmill with a bigger motor and more advanced features.
Other benefits of treadmill
Beyond weight loss, treadmill workout offers other various benefits as well, such as:
- Controls blood sugar
- Improve endurance level
- Bumps up HDL (good) cholesterol levels
- Saves from being exposed to Alzheimer
- Enhance cognition and memory
- Boost muscles
- Nurture healthier skin
- Decrease stiffness in joints
- Lessen fatigue
- Helps in getting rid of anxiety and stress
- Enhance sleep cycle
- Boost energy levels and immune system
Some of you may consider the treadmill as a piece of useless or boring equipment, but the truth is that it can play a significant role in making losing weight and cardio session games strong. It helps you in achieving two goals at a time.
We would suggest you blend treadmill workouts with ‘strength training’ for better outcomes. As both types of exercise can help improve your overall health and in losing weight adequately.
In terms of exercise, if you are a newbie or continuing treadmill exercise after a long break, it is better to consult your doctor before starting a fresh fitness routine. A 300-minute walk on a treadmill per week would be ideal for an individual for substantial health benefits like losing weight.
With treadmill workouts daily and a healthy diet, you can lose 10 pounds in a month. However, gradually losing weight by around 1 to 2 pounds a week might be more appreciable. Make sure to do strength training 2 to 3 times a week if you want to show off lean muscles, moreover it also allows for burning more calories.
It is just a matter of 10 minutes or more on a daily basis for treadmill workouts, which are enough to lose some weight and get back into shape.
Although, all the necessary information related to the treadmill has been shared with you. But if still, you are not sure what kind of treadmill workout will suit you best, talk to any certified fitness trainers who can help you in creating a proper treadmill weight loss schedule.
Get rid of poor nutrition, plan a healthy diet, and get your hands on a durable treadmill, as it is an impeccable workout machine and is successfully used all over the world for rapidly burning calories. So, jump-start your weight loss journey now without wasting a minute.
Leave a Comment